Institutional investors that qualify to operate in Medini are entitled to an array of attractive incentives. The strength of these incentives has helped to attract major brand names to Iskandar Investment’s landbank, moving us closer to our goal of generating a critical mass in the area.
The incentives listed below are a selection of those available. For a more detailed discussion on the full range of incentives, and ones tailored to specific industries and clusters, contact the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) directly.
- Businesses are entitled to 10 years exemption from corporate tax
- Non-Malaysians are entitled to purchase property valued under RM500K
- Non-Malaysians are entitled to 100% Foreign Ownership
- Businesses have the flexibility to employ Knowledge Workers for companies with IDR status, as well as those with Approved Developers and Approved Development Managers status (For full information on IDR status, see the FAQ on the Iskandar Malaysia website)
- Businesses are allowed to source capital globally
Full Incentive Breakdown
For a complete picture of incentives for companies operating in Medini and Iskandar Malaysia, click here.